POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG cutting slices : CSG cutting slices Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  CSG cutting slices
From: LikeNoOther
Date: 4 Oct 2007 05:40:00
Message: <web.4704b40aeb8279c96e4edffd0@news.povray.org>
Hi. I have previously asked for help cutting a 3D model into slices.
The solution did unfortunately not always work. Only in simple 3D models.

Here is what I have done:

#declare MinZ = min_extent(_151stan_toon_).y;
#declare MaxZ = max_extent(_151stan_toon_).y;
#declare Height = MaxZ - MinZ;
//==================================================

intersection {
      object{
              _151stan_toon_
              double_illuminate
      }

      plane{
       y,MinZ+(frame_number/final_frame)*Height

          pigment{
            color rgbf <1,1,1,1>
          }

       }
   }

The rest of the pov file was generated using poseray.
The object name is _151stan_toon.
I want to cut the model into slices similar to ct scans.
(Vertical slices.)
As far as I know all I want to do is get the intersection of the model and
the plane. I made the plane transparent so that I can see the original
colour of the
model.

What happens is that it does cut it into slices but for some reason it
keeps on creating the same slice after a while instead of going further up
the model.

Any help will be appreciated greatly.